The mission of Sukarya is to focus on ensuring equitable access to quality health services for all including the poorest sections of the society, especially women, adolescents and children. All our interventions are designed and implemented to meet the following objectives:
- To improve maternal and child health
- To advocate, promote and sensitise communities on Primary Health Care, Reproductive Child Health and Family Planning.
- To advocate, encourage and guide positive ‘health-seeking behaviour with special emphasis on physical, mental and social well-being.
- To empower women by strengthening their physical, emotional well-being and economic stability.
- To educate and empower children and youths to lead a healthier and dignified life
The vision of Sukarya is health for all. “Better Health, Better Society”; a society in which citizens enjoy holistic health and their well-being. Healthy and successful citizens contribute actively to overall growth of their family, community and the society.
We are founded on the firm belief that health is a fundamental right and nobody should be deprived of this basic right just because they do not have the resources to access quality healthcare services.
It started in 1998, when Ms. Meera Satpathy decided that she had to do something to ensure that the under-privileged also had easy access to good quality healthcare. Her vision has been the driving force behind all our work.For last 20 years, Sukarya has identified, invested in, and brought visibility to the alarming issue of infant mortality, women's health and nutrition.